The School Advisory Forum (SAF) is open to all members of the school and community. The Forum has one member to report to the School Advisory Council, which then sends a representative to the district SAC. The district SAC acts as advisors, mentors, and advocates to both the district and to each school advisory council. At a School Advisory Forum all present will:
• Plan, develop, and implement parent/community programs and training activities.
• Address parent/community concerns; work with administration to solve problems and initiate desired changes.
• Identify and coordinate the use of community resources to improve student achievement and school effectiveness.
• Participate in increasing/sustaining high levels of community support for the school.
• Assist SAC in identifying the educational needs and priorities of the school.
• Participate in the preparation of the budget, and review budget related concerns.
• Advocate for positive change in the school.
• Remain current with school, district, state, and national issues.
• Jointly work with School Board Members, Superintendent, and local Government officials.
Facilities, Safety, Legislative, ESE, ESOL, Boundaries, Curriculum, Dress code, and Transportation are all issues addressed by SAF.